Resident Permit „mobile ICT“

The residence permit "mobile ICT" entitles the holder to stay and work as an intra corporate transferee within a company on the basis of a residence permit as ICT issued by another EU member state.

As a rule, the residence permit "mobile ICT" is issued for the duration of the transfer, but no longer than the expiration date of the "ICT" residence permit of the other member state. You can find more general information on the validity period of residence permits here.

Who can receive a residence permit "mobile ICT"?

The residence permit "mobile ICT" can be issued to persons who already hold an "ICT" residence permit from another EU state and are to work in Austria for more than 90 days.

If the activity does not last more than 90 days, the rules for secondment by companies from the European Economic Area (short-term "mobile ICT") apply. As short-term "mobile ICT" these persons do not require a separate Austrian residence permit.

What are the requirements for a residence permit “mobile ICT"?

The general and special conditions for the granting of a residence permit must be fulfilled, except for the requirement of locally customary accommodation. This is not applicable.

Further information on the general requirements can be found here. You will find a list of the necessary documents in the respective application form.

The residence authority involves the Public Employment Service (AMS) in the procedure for examining the special requirements. In a one-stop-shop procedure, the residence authority is the point of contact for the applicant. The AMS checks whether the conditions for employment as an ICT are met.

If all requirements are met, the AMS sends a confirmation to the residence authority.

The residence authority checks whether the general requirements are met. If this is the case, the residence permit can be issued.

Can family members get a residence permit in Austria?

Yes. Family members can apply for a residence permit “family unity”.